Below are short descriptions, and links to additional details and downloads, for the significant flights in the PAAW program. The full set of flight data can be accessed via our downloads page.
- Sköll Flight 03: this flight successfully completed eight 3-2-1-1 pitch excitations and eight 3-2-1-1 roll excitations at 20 m/s with a closed loop controller running.
- Sköll Flight 04: this flight successfully completed six 3-2-1-1 pitch excitations and six 3-2-1-1 roll excitations at close to 30 m/s with a closed loop controller running. Significant flexible dynamics and wing bending were observed.
- Sköll Flight 09: this flight successfully completed open loop chirps at 23 m/s. The chirps were performed on surfaces L3/R3 and L4/R4 covering a frequency range of about 1 - 10 Hz. Additionally, 3-2-1-1 inputs on L3/R3 followed by L4/R4 were conducted open-loop and closed-loop to gather additional dynamic data and to see if the closed loop controller has been adversely affecting the flexible body dynamics of the vehicle at these speeds.
- Sköll Flight 12: this flight successfully completed open loop chirps at 27 m/s. The chirps were performed on surfaces L3/R3 and L4/R4 covering a frequency range of about 0.5 - 9.5 Hz.
- Sköll Flight 13: this flight successfully found the open-loop flutter speed for the Sköll aircraft with Wing Set 1 at 30 m/s. A 20 second speed ramp was initiated from 23 m/s to 35 m/s while flying open-loop. Following throttle saturation at 28 m/s, a slight pushover maneuver was initiated to add energy and find the amplitude divergence point, which occurred at 30 m/s.