- Will meet as a team afternoon before NASA annual review
- Plan on attending 8-3 on the day of the annual review, 8-5 if you would like to attend the closed sessions
- Flights 06 - 09 completed on Sköll
- Flight 06 had a motor issue and landed shortly after takeoff with no test data collected
- Flight 07 - 09
- 23 m/s chirps open-loop on L3/R3 followed by L4/R4. 15 second chirps with a frequency range between about 1-10 Hz and a magnitude of 5 degrees on L3/R3 and 3 degrees on L4/R4.
- 23 m/s 3-2-1-1 inputs open-loop on L3/R3 followed by L4/R4.
- Open-loop flight is accomplished by the pilot directly controlling L2/R2 surface deflection for roll control and L3/R3 surface deflection for pitch control.
- 23 m/s 3-2-1-1 inputs closed-loop on L3/R3 followed by L4/R4. The closed-loop control law is our standard rigid body control law for this vehicle; phi tracking is via L2/R2, theta tracking via L3/R3 and L4/R4 are used as an elevon.
- 23 m/s theta doublet followed by phi doublet closed-loop on a modified rigid body control law that does not use the L4/R4 surfaces.
- Flight data quality looks excellent for estimation of aero and flexible body dynamics.
- Landings were very smooth and repeatable.
- Able to track shape change with Wing Set 2.
- Dave S. and STI are checking control law robustness against all of the available aircraft models.
- UMN and VT will have side discussions regarding mAEWing2 design
- Material selection
- Rib and spar layout
- Control surface design